This page is best viewed in Firefox.
- 4% Paraformaldehyde
- Weigh out 16g of 95% paraformaldehyde in prill form (Sigma-Aldrich 441244) into coulter vial with lid.
- Heat 360ml of deionized water in the microwave for 3min.
- In glass jar add about half the hot water.
- Add 40 ml of 10xPBS.
- Add 200µl of 1NnaOH.
- Add magnetic stir bar.
- Add PF Prills and rinse coulter vial with remaining water into the jar.
- Stir solution until clear (heating on hotplate may speed up).
- Vacuum filter the solution.
- Rinse glass jar and return filtered solution to jar.
- Measure the pH using pH meter. Should be between 7.2-7.5.